Sunday, July 25, 2010

A+ Bookworm


This past year, I volunteered at my girls' school with the reading program. I spent Friday mornings reading with 5 students (the same ones every week), and over the course of the year, I got to know them. I was very fortunate to have great kids who were sweet, and I was sad to say goodbye to them at the end of the year. I gave them each a book to read over the summer, and this card to go with it. I loved the idea of giving them a card that said "bookworm" on it, and I explained what it meant, and that they could each consider themselves a bookworm, since each of them had advanced their reading by several levels. It was great to see their faces light up when I explained the bookworm idea to them. Isn't it great that a little card like this could bring so much happiness? Making cards seems so worthwhile when they have a happy ending like that, doesn't it?
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment