Friday, May 14, 2010

Sneak peek

Hello!

Ok, I know I don't usually do sneak peeks, I just show you what I've made, when I've made it. No secrets here! LOL However, the tree project that I wanted to show you didn't photograph well, and I had even taken time to photoshop it, hoping to fix it, and it still looked bad. Not wanting to mislead you into thinking that the project was wonky looking, I decided to ditch the bad picture, and show you this pretty one.

On this second tree, instead of the sparkly buttons, I was lucky enough to mooch some beautiful aqua and sea green buttons from my friend Jacqui (thanks so much, Jacqui!). Then it looked like it needed something else, so to break up the blue/green, I added pink and white jewels. I layered some of them, as you can see in this close-up shot. Overall, it was a nice effect, I thought.

Is anyone else watching "The Biggest Loser"? I have it set to tape so I don't have to worry about trying to remember when it's on. The added bonus is I can fast forward through the commercials (which they always time at suspenseful moments!). Right now it is down to the final four, which means we are two weeks away from the big reveal in the season finale! It's my favourite part of the season because I love to see everyone come back after they've been home for a bit, working hard to look good for the finale. I can hardly wait to see how everyone looks! I root for everyone and hope they all come back looking healthy. Of course, there is always a person or two who you don't recognize because they look so different with the weight off. This season finale will be extra awesome because Shay from last season is supposed to come back. She was the heaviest woman to ever appear on the show. In the beginning, she weighed in at 476 pounds, and left the ranch 172 pounds lighter! She had done well, but still had way to go to reach her goal weight. To keep her motivated (and to help ratings, no doubt!) at last year's finale, they presented her an offer she couldn't refuse: for every pound she lost, she took home $1000!! Every single pound! So naturally, I can hardly wait to see how she's done!
The final four this year are Michael, the heaviest man to ever appear on the show (526 pounds), Koli, who with his cousin Sam, ruled the challenges, Ashley, who is known as the girl who fell off the treadmill the first day only to come back from it only to be the last woman standing, and Darius, the quiet, sweet guy that everyone underestimated. They are all worthy of the final prize, so I am chomping at the bit to see how it goes for them. The four of them are all very competitive, so it will be a tough prize to win. Who do you think will win?
Well, I have to go, busy day ahead of me-my nephew is having his First Communion today! I know he is looking forward to today, as are we! Have a great weekend, and I'll see you Monday!
Donna









No comments:

Post a Comment