Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Sunday Morning...

This morning I was in Victoria Park with the girls and my mother-in-law, cheering on my hubby as he ran in his first 1/2 marathon! John did very well, and although he was pretty tired when he was finished, he did say that next to marriage and having children, this was the best thing he'd ever done! LOL (So sweet!)


As you can see, we are all very proud of him! (Aren't they cute!)
I wish I could say that I haven't blogged because I was busy doing something important like training for my first half marathon, but that just is not the case...the only excuse I have is that I was a bad blogger, and have been spending this week trying to catch up on laundry, etc. Today, since we were up early to head out (well, early for us on a Sunday, anyway), we are just relaxing right now, so I've been going through and photoshopping pictures to put on the blog this week. This is the first one:


Here is the first of the many projects I completed at Victopia last weekend. I bought a 1/2 inch square charm because I've been curious about the Simply Adorned collection that Stampin Up is carrying. I got this one because I figured smaller is easier. Wrong! LOL I was almost cross-eyed by the time I finished, it was such a tiny medium! The butterfly in here is the smallest from the butterfly embosslit that SU has in their last mini. Of course, there is both Rich Razzleberry and sparkle in this little thing, because that's what I am all about! LOL I used a tiny piece of Cottage Wall dsp, then stamped one of the Spring Silhouettes (? I think that's what it's called. It's four stamps with different flower silhouettes) and used teeny tiny jewels as flowers. If you can't see it, here's your close-up!



Of course, when I finished, I realized that there is a window in the back, so you could stamp on two sides of a piece of paper. I think I'll dig into my mini alphabet set and put my initials on the back and then clip this onto something of mine...you could use it on a keychain, or as a zipper pull, even as a cute tag/mini gift on a present! The possibilities are endless!
That's all for today, I will be back in a couple of days with another project!
Donna





No comments:

Post a Comment