Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beautiful Wings

In a recent edition of PaperCrafts magazine, I saw a beautiful card made with a flurry of butterflies. They looked as though they were about to fly off the card, it was so gorgeous! Of course, once I had the Beautiful Wings embosslit in my hot little hands, I knew I had to give it a go. This is my take on the card.
I started off with white butterflies, but soon realized it would be too plain, so I tried to "fancy up" my butterflies. In the winter mini, SU had three kinds of sparkly paints. This one I believe was the Champagne Mist. It gives it a bit of sparkle, and a slight tint. See what I mean?
Here you can see the brush strokes, but the overall effect is very pretty. When I attached the butterflies to the card, I wanted it to look like the butterflies could fly off the paper at a moment's notice, so I attached just the centre of the butterflies (the body part) and folded the wings upward. This is what it looks like from the side:

This is definitely a card that is better to give in person than to have squished in the mail! LOL
I am still considering some kind of sentiment, but haven't decided on anything yet. Then again, maybe this card is meant to be without words...what do you think?
Come back next week for more of my Victopia-made projects!
Have a great weekend!
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment