Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Stampin' Up CASE

Stampin' Up has a magazine just for their demonstrators that we receive monthly. Often, they have great creative ideas for their latest products which I love, but never seem to get around to trying. This is one of the few that I've actually tried(yay me!)! I love this Build-a-Bear stamp set-the little girl and boy bears are so cute, and (bonus!)you can use them for either a girl or a boy birthday card. Here is the neat part about this project: as you can see, the image on this card is uncoloured. But wait! When the birthday boy or girl opens the card to see who would give them a partially finished birthday card, look what they find inside:


Isn't that a great idea?!? It took me a little bit of time to figure out how to fit the crayons in there without them falling all over, but I did it! Kinda. Now that the card has been completed and carried around to show various stamping friends, I have noticed that the crayons have been travelling a bit and marking the inside of the card. Hmmmm....so now I have to find some way to prevent that. The obvious answer would be to keep them in the box, but it doesn't seem as inviting (to colour) that way....so it may require a clear envelope somehow...I will be working on this today so that tomorrow you can come to see the tutorial, ok? Yes, I said tutorial! I will take pictures and measurements so you can make one of these little beauties too!
So until then, have a great day, and go diving into your stamp collection to find a stamp set you can use to make one of these! I'll see you again tomorrow!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment