Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bonus post-test tube holder

This is my bonus project-a test tube holder all decked out for Hallowe'en. I first saw one of these last year, and I am finally making one of my own! These are pretty simple, and I will have to post the directions next time for you so you can make yours next year! LOL I'm sure that you won't wait as long as I did!
I don't have any Hallowe'en designer paper, so I had to use my Spooky Nights stamp set. At least, that's what I think it's called. This set comes with a cat who has his fur standing on end, and an owl, and moon and two word stamps. I used to own a black cat years ago. My hubby gave him to me for my birthday. Little advice on the choosing a cat thing--do not pick the cat that's the most energetic, pouncy thing of the litter! That's what my honey did, and he must have picked the craziest cat ever! When he was a kitten, he would bite you on the hand in the web area between your thumb and forefinger, his front legs wrapped around your wrist, and his back legs wrapped around your forearm. No joke! I could literally pick him up and hold him off the floor like that, except that it was pretty painful with 5 of his 6 ends being pointy and sharp! I still have scars from him on my arm...I loved him anyway, the crazy coot, but we gave him to someone who owned a farm, so he could be outside all the time, and not hurt anyone. So back to the stamp set, the cat in this set may have his fur standing on end, but he is smiling, so you know he wouldn't hang on your arm like it's a jungle gym...
Oh, and inside the test tube (which were ordered online by my downline, so I'm not sure of the site, but there are lots of 'em!) I used a package of Sour Peaches. The Hallowe'en ones are tiny, so they fit nicely in the tube. Incidently, this is not a good project for peanut M&M's, in case you're wondering. Unless your objective is to jam just one in there, and watch someone go crazy trying to get it out!
Ok, well, I have to go and get ready for my stamping weekend. Yikes, I have a lot to do yet! Have a great weekend!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment