Thursday, October 22, 2009

My First Christmas Card!

This past weekend, I was in Woodstock with some of my girls, stamping up a storm! Our hostess, Jacqui, has been holding Jacqtopia for 5 or 6 years now, and this was the third year I've attended. It is such a blast, and I really do look forward to it, planning in advance who will take care of my girls, trying to talk my hubby into letting me sleep over for extra nights, and packing my stuff to go. This year, Vicki (some of you may know as Summerthyme Studio) brought these plastic bubbles and challenged all of us to create something with it. You could practically smell the smoke, we were all thinking so hard, trying to come up with something to do with the bubble! LOL In the end, we all came up with very different projects-it was interesting to see what everyone came up with.
This Christmas card was what I created with the bubble. I love this tree from the Snow Swirled set, it is so, so elegant. I didn't have any micro beads to put into the bubble, so I decided I would pull off the "legs" of my star brads and use those instead. Here is what they look like when you shake the card:

If you want to see what the other ladies came up with, and read Vicki's blog entry about Jacqtopia, you can click here. But be warned, the picture of me is not the greatest(ok, I think it is downright scary! LOL)-I don't sleep and I don't wear makeup when I am at Jacqtopia, all of that frivolous stuff just takes away from my precious stamping time! LOL But seriously, consider yourself warned!
As I look at my pictures here, I realize I lost a gem on my scallop circle! I didn't even notice when I took the picture, I notice only now as I look at it...wonder where it went? Anyway, inside the circle it says Merry & Bright. The scalloped circle, and paper were from last year`s Christmas Simply Scrappin kit. I still haven`t used it all, fortunately for me, because I like the way it looks with this tree.
Well, that`s all for today, but I have a bunch of other projects that I completed this past weekend that I can hardly wait to show you, so stay tuned!
Have a great day!
Donna

1 comment:

  1. You're beautiful, sleep or no sleep!!!! Geez, I am glad that I came to your blog this morning....your crayon card is Fabby!!!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete