Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shelli's SIP Challenge


This month's challenge given by Shelli Gardner (co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!) was to create a SIP card. That is, a card using only Stamps, Ink and Paper. No ribbon, no brads, not even dazzling diamonds! (yikes!) A tough challenge for me these days, as I like to use embellishments to add extras to give my card more dimension and pop, especially since I am not one to layer, layer, layer, like so many of my favourite stampers do. However, I was determined to come up with something for this challenge, because it seemed it would be fun to challenge myself the SIP way!

This card was great fun, as it turns out! I decided to try weaving, which was recently written about in a Stamping Success magazine (SU's magazine for demos). So I weaved. And it was fun! I used the new Cottage Wall dsp. (Don't those stripes look sharp when they're weaved like that?) Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the clear circle die. As a background, I cut a Rich Razzleberry Scallop circle (my new favourite colour! But chances are, you already knew that-LOL). I have recently acquired the Many Thanks sizzlet die and thought I would try it out. And of course, the Butterfly die provided me with the perfect finishing touch! Normally I would use some kind of bling for the butterfly's body, but used the horizontal slot punch-it fits in there perfectly!

So that's my challenge for this month-I did it! I hope you like it! If you happen to try some weaving in a card, please feel free to send me the link in the comments so I can check it out!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment