Saturday, November 7, 2009

Top Note Purse

Isn't this so adorable????
My friend Kim and I went to the Creative Festival in Toronto a few weeks ago. There were a lot of great vendors and samples too! I saw this Top Note purse idea there at a Stampin Up display(I believe it was Caroline LeBel's) and knew I had to try it! Fortunately, I was headed from the Festival, straight to Jacqtopia, where I spent the weekend stamping, so I had plenty of time to make this. Not only do I love this idea because it is yet another awesome use for the Top Note, but also because it was a perfect excuse to use my build-a-brads, which I've owned for over a year and never used! LOL
I have been trying to make this card in a smaller version (this one measures 5"x5") so it would fit into a regular envelope. I like this size better because it gives me the room to mat the main part of the card with a complementary colour. Hmmm....I'll have to keep trying!
I know I haven't posted the picture of the Hallowe'en treats I made for my daughter's class. I'm sorry. I spent this last week preparing for this weekend. I am currently in Frankenmuth, Michigan, on my yearly family trip. Every year my honey and me pack up the girls and head out with his mom and her hubby, and his brother and family, and we head out here to see not only Bronner's Christmas Store, but also to head over to nearby Birch Run to shop at an outlet mall. A huge outlet mall. I usually get a fair chunk of my Christmas shopping done here, which is great, because then I don't have so much on my list when I head back home. I love it! And of course, you can't help but get into the Christmas spirit once you've strolled through the Christmas store. They have everything there. And by that I mean everything. You want to decorate a tree with birds? Fruits? Sesame Street characters? No problem!! Oh my gosh, it's awesome there! Can you tell I've already been? LOL
Ok so now I am headed off to go shopping at the outlet mall, but I wanted to post something, and to apologize for the lack of posts this week. It's a lot of work to get ready for this weekend, especially when I let the housework and laundry slide the week before!
I will post again this week. And stay tuned for my Christmas post series....I'm brewing up some fantabulous ideas!
Have a great weekend!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment