Friday, November 20, 2009

Festive Friday #1


Welcome to Festive Friday! This is my first post in this series, so if you happened to stumble on this by chance, don't worry, you haven't missed any FF projects! ;)
This first one is a 6" x 6" Tag Pouch. It's very simple to make, and it makes a nice gift too!
What you need to make one of these:
-a piece of cardstock that measures 6 1/2" x 8 3/4", which is scored at 2" and 2 1/4"
-one 6" x 6" page protector, with the holes carefully cut off. You just have to be sure that you don't remove so much of the side that you're removing the part that keeps your pouch sealed shut.
-designer paper that measures 5 1/2" x 1 3/4", set to the right of the small flap of your pouch
-scallop circle punch
-snowflake rub-on
-velcro closure
-tags (I used my Big Shot and a tag die to cut mine)
-I used a Simply Scrappin' kit to create my tags and the centre of my scallop circle. I have to say I love how fast I could put this together with the kit!
-and finally, some gems and glitter, 'cause it's all about the sparkle!
Pretty simple wouldn't you say? Yeah I thought so too. Which is why it makes such a perfect gift. Who says your gifts have to be complicated and time-consuming? At this time of the year simple is good!
Ok, so the reason why this one is posted so late, is because I spent today volunteering at my girls' school, and then once we were all home, we had my nephews and niece over for Christmas photos in front of the Christmas tree (yes, it's up already! LOL) and then to dinner and then....here comes the best part of my day---my honey and I went to see New Moon! Oh yeah, baby!! I have to say, it was pretty mushy, but I loved it anyway! I don't want to give anything away, but I can tell you the special effects were awesome! Now I have to run out and buy the book so I can devour it. I saw Twilight and then read the book which was fun, because I loved the movie and reading the book was like a behind-the-scenes look. There was more detail in the book than any movie could offer, so it was interesting to learn some new stuff. So now, having loved the second movie, I am looking forward to the next behind-the-scenes look! I know, it's backward of me. Usually you read the book then go see the movie, right? I actually prefer it this way. Then I don't spend the movie comparing it to the book, I can just sit back and enjoy! And enjoy it, I most certainly did! I can hardly wait for the next one.....is it here yet??
Enjoy your weekend! I'll see you again next week!
Donna

3 comments:

  1. Love your little tag packet! The colours are awesome! I took Jon to see New Moon the night it was released. I agree, it was Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't got to see it yet...I want to see it. This tag thing is waaaay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this as gifts for my Book Group. Didn't even know page protectors come in 6 X 6. Thanks.
    Lynda M, Victoria, BC

    ReplyDelete