Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me...

Hello! I am back from Vegas and adjusting to real life once again, which means that I have made some time to stamp (and have done some housework too, but let's stick to the fun stuff here!). Having a nice clean stampin' table, and stampin' area has been like an open invitation to sit and be creative. It is so nice! *sigh* Maybe it was bad feng shui that was cutting into my stampin' mojo, because it would seem that under all that clutter, I've found it again!

Just before I left for Vegas, I had my Stampin' Divas over for the first time in a long time. It was great to catch up with them again-I've really missed my ladies! I borrowed some of the new things in the Occasions mini and the Sale-a-bration mini from my friend Kim (hello! and thanx!) and came up with a couple of cards for my ladies to make. This was my favourite of the two. The bird and branch were created from a new punch that SU has just released. Isn't it adorable?? I love this idea, because this bird is so versatile, you could put any sentiment on this card--thank you, birthday, sympathy, congratulations on the news a little birdie told me...and on and on! See what I mean? Unfortunately for me, I had to give the punch back to Kim (pout) but I have ordered one for myself (yay!), but it is on backorder as far as I know, so I'm not sure when I'll get mine (pout again). I am looking forward to making more of these cards. I like the scallop circle card idea, it's something different from the typical 4 1/4" x whatever card (no, I am not awake yet, why do you ask? LOL).

The clouds in the background of this card were a neat little trick my friend Jacqui (hello friend!) showed me not too long ago. You just punch out a scallop circle (the punch one, not the Big Shot one). Then you use a sponge inked with Bashful Blue (on bashful blue paper here on my card). Start at the top and ink around the top of the scallop circle. Slide it down (or over), and ink along the top of the circle again. Continue downward until you have enough clouds. It's that easy! I have to say that in real life, the clouds are not this hard to see on the card. The picture really blanched them out, and I couldn't bring them back with Photoshop. So if you're trying this technique remember that you don't need a lot of ink to create a dramatic effect.
If you happen to make a card with the bird punch or try the cloud technique, send me a link in the comments section, I'd love to see what you've come up with!
On Friday, I will be back with a really neat 3-D project I just completed last night. The only hint I'll give you is that it is AWEsome (modest, aren't I?) and you're going to LOVE it (more modesty!). That's your hint! LOL If you want to see it, you'll have to wait for the post on Friday! But I think you really will like it! (ok, you'll love, love, love it, but I'm trying to keep the bragging to a minimum! LOL) In all seriousness (and modesty) I can't take credit for all of it (but it won't stop me from trying!), just some of it.
See you Friday!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment