Friday, October 28, 2011

Hello!

Hello! I am back! I would like to thank you for your patience with me. I hope to post lots of great stampin' projects and cards to reward your patience. :)

As you know, this past weekend, I was at Jactopia. It was a great weekend! Jenn, my friend from B.C. was there. It was so nice to finally get to see her again. We all miss her lots, so her visits are very special to us. And this year, she just happened to visit during Jactopia, so it was like old times!

It was nice to see everyone (Jacqui of course!, Vicki, Tami, Kim, Andrea, Sheila) and to be surrounded by so many wonderfully creative minds. I think some of that creativity was soaked up by me, so hopefully that was the cure for my lost mojo. I did manage to create some cards, but I didn't pack very well (I packed in a rush. Bad Donna.) so I wasn't able to do some things that I wanted to. But I did manage to make do and come up with a few cards that I can actually show to people. lol

Today's card is not one I created, but one that was given to me by Jenn. Isn't it gorgeous? I know, right? You can't see it from here, but the paper is shimmery, so it looks even better in real life.

Below is a close-up of the card, highlighting the cute pin (what do you call it? A hat pin?) that she placed in the knot of the ribbon. Jenn knows I love my sparkles! ;)




I didn't realize until I returned home and pulled it out of the clear envelope for the picture, that Jenn had written in it! I should always check, even if it's a card made by a card maker. Silly me. lol

I would love to post pictures of the weekend, but unfortunately, since I packed in a rush, I forgot my camera. I'm hoping that someone will send me pictures of the weekend so I can post them here.

On Monday, I will post a couple of Hallowe'en Lunchbox Love Notes that I made for my girls. After that I will start to post Christmas cards. I like to take my holidays one at a time. I wish the stores would do that too, don't you? I don't need to see Christmas lights and ornaments as I choose my Hallowe'en candy. lol Oops, did I say my Hallowe'en candy? I meant candy for the trick-or-treaters. Freudian slip there. Yes, I do get into it sometimes. That's why I usually give the candy to my mother-in-law until Hallowe'en. This year I didn't, and guess what happened? Yep. Gotta go get some more....lol I really have to stop buying candy that I like to eat.

Have a great weekend, and stay out of that Hallowe'en candy! ;)

Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment