Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Tin Challenge


Well, I haven't had a chance to work on the tutorial for the pop-up card yet, so I am showing you this box in the meantime. I will work on the tutorial, though, honest!
This was an empty tin given to a group of us as a challenge during my stampin' spree in Kingston. I can't remember who gave this to us (Diana Gibbs? Kim Pargeter? darn my bad memory! LOL), but I tried to figure out how I was going to tackle this challenge. You see, I'm a tin-hoarder. LOL I have so many tins in my stampin' area, just a-waitin' for me to put them to good use, and I shudder to think that I may not do them justice. So they sit there in my tin basket (and my stampin' closet, and...) looking naked and sad. I didn't want this one to join the group and set out to do something fun with it.
Kim gave me some gorgeous paper so I had to use it, and this was a perfect project for it! Then I realized I had rub-ons in a colour that would match. Ok, my bad memory strikes again, but this rub-on set was the one with owl on it from the last catalogue. I figured out that these words would fit beautifully in the window-how lucky was that? Then I tried to emboss in orange around the edges. Tried to emboss. It wasn't easy, and some of the powder jumped into areas I didn't want and decided to melt and stay there, so there is a bit of a speckled look. Don't look too closely! LOL If I were to try this again, I would definitely use the embossing buddy, and probably the Versamarker for the tin edges where I wanted embossing.
Despite the speckles, I thought this turned out pretty cute. Hey, I may even have to pull out one of my other tins and try again! Maybe not.....LOL
Have a great day!
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment