Monday, January 12, 2009


In keeping with my hope that my blog will inspire, I want to share with you a source of inspiration I discovered recently. I was at my brother-in-law's place in Collingwood over the holidays and had brought a few things to stamp. One of the stamp sets I had brought with me was "A Rose is a Rose". My sister-in-law took one look at it, and a few minutes later, came back with a cushion from my niece's room. The flowers and leaves on the cushion and the stamp set were almost identical! One thing that struck me was the softness of the look of the cushion, which I immediately set about replicating as best I could with the colours I had packed. The most interesting part of the colour scheme was that the leaves were yellow with green highlights. I would never have tried that kind of combo on my own, but with the other elements and colours in the cushion, it worked!
I invite you to have a look around your house-you may never know when something will inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment