Sunday, May 17, 2009

Purses, purses, I love purses!


Don't you? It's funny, I see a lot of women carrying purses that I love, but when I go shopping for one, I can never find one that I like as much...maybe I should just walk up to those women and offer to buy their purse on the spot. That would definitely save me some time! LOL
Here is a purse you don't have to shop for! And you can make it just the way you want it! I loved this project from the moment I saw it, and knew I had to try one. It turned out so well, that I even made extras for those times that I needed a quick hand-made gift. I love the idea of a cute purse holding cards! There are tons of variations, of course, and I think this is only the second purse style I've tried, but I have to say, I'm hooked! I love these cute little purses!(did I say that already? LOL) They are perfect for girlfriends, moms (ie on Mother's Day, although I didn't give my extras away on Mother's Day...I'm such a hoarder! LOL), sisters, etc. The Fifth Avenue Floral is perfect to decorate the outside, but there are a few other sets that come to mind (ie Baroque motifs) that would work just as well. And you could create this in the recipient's favourite colour...the possibilities are endless! I also thought that as the button for the purse, using the largest flower from the Pretties kit would be an elegant touch. You could colour it to match and use either a pearl or a jewelled brad...see? Endless!
If you decide to try one, send me a link in the comments section so I can see your version!
For all of the Canadians, Happy Victoria Day weekend! Hope you get out to enjoy the sunshine, friends and family!
Happy stamping!

1 comment: